It’s the first meeting and our “Introduction to MSRJ” Elective is off to a fast start!
The MSRJ elective is a one-credit course designed from pre-clinical medical students to become immersed in the world of research publication and journal management. This is the second year that we’ve offered such a unique experience.
The 23 students enrolled will learn how to systematically review a manuscript, the organization and management of a peer-reviewed journal (MSRJ), and have opportunities to learn from the College of Human Medicine faculty about successful publishing. At the conclusion of this course, many of these students will join the MSRJ‘s editorial staff and help continue our incredible growth!
Things to look forward to:
1. Peer-Review Seminar on “Intro to Reviewing & Instructions for Independent Reviewer Training”
2. Guest Speaker Lunch with Dr. Janet Osuch on “A Career in Academic Medicine and Experiences”
3. Guest Speaker Lunch with Dr. Henry Barry on “Challenges of Peer Reviewers and Editors”
4. Guest Speaker Lunch with Dr. Stephanie Watts on “Being an Editor and Academic Publishing”
5. Visiting an MSRJ Executive Board meeting