This page elaborates on the timeline of the submission process. The review process should be read first.
- A submission is received, and queued for executive editor review.
- The executive editors take 1-2 days to decide if the manuscript is appropriate for the journal
- Once the senior editor, junior editor, and reviewers are assigned, it will take approximately 4-5 weeks to complete the first set of reviews
- The faculty reviewer will be assigned and will expect approximately 2 weeks for a review to be completed
- Shortly after all reviews are completed, a compilation of reviewer comments with a decision will be sent to the author.
- Depending on the decision, the author will have a set amount of time to return the manuscript with any changes. This process is variable because multiple rounds of editing may need to take place.
- Once the changes have been made it may take 3-4 weeks for the copy-editors to return the finished product. Following this, the authors, junior editor, senior editor, and executive editor assigned to the article will look for any errors or problems, in addition to faculty advisors.
- Finally the manuscript will be ready for publishing in the next available edition.