There are few criteria required to be eligible for submitting to MSRJ, described in the general guidelines, but also provided below for ease of viewing:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may be returned to the authors without review.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently submitted to another journal for consideration.
- The author has full permission to copyright of all text, figures, and tables submitted. Authors license MSRJ to edit and reproduce the submission with no time or number restrictions while maintaining copyright to their submission. MSRJ is an open access journal where anyone is free to copy, distribute, and transmit the work – given that the original author(s) is given credit, it is not for profit, and any reuse of the works must make the license terms clear.
- The first author is a medical student enrolled in and in good standing with an accredited medical college. A copy of a letter of current enrollment or letter of good standing that is signed by appropriate faculty on school letterhead must be submitted, including year of anticipated graduation.
- Authorship should be based upon the guidelines set by the Michigan State University– University Research Council found here: Authorship Guide
- The manuscript has been read and approved by all the authors, and the authors listed are the sole authors of this work. The requirements for authorship as stated in the Authorship Guide have been met, each author believes that the manuscript represents honest work of the highest integrity, and statements made in the manuscript are true to current scientific knowledge. All manuscripts will be screened for potential plagiarism.
- The name, address, and telephone number of the corresponding author, who is responsible for communicating with the other authors about revisions and final approval of the proofs, is included on the title page.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the authors should take care to follow the Ensuring a Blind Review guidelines.
- Each author has completed ICMJE authorship conflict of interest forms and attached them as supporting documents to this submission. Available:http://www.icmje.org/coi_disclosure.pdf
- Potentially identifiable patient information should not be included and violations of HIPAA regulations (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/index.html) will result in rejection. Written permission must be obtained and submitted to MSRJ for any identifiable information or images.
- If the study involved human subjects research, a copy of the approval letter or email of approval for the institutional review board (IRB) application should be attached, whether exempt, expedited, or full review. A sentence mentioning IRB approval should appear in the manuscript.